Geospatial and Energy Technology: A Powerful Combination for Sustainable Development and Economic Security
The GEO-Energy Summit 2014 event will host corporations and government agencies for demonstrating emerging technologies that sustains our future energy needs, works toward interoperable and effective technology integration, and provides the backbone for economic security.
The Summit is also a forum for Huntsville Mayor Tommy Battle’s technology-related economic development initiatives. The objective is to offer an educational program to discuss the synergies among each to explore how to leverage the collective expertise in geospatial information and energy management. And, Huntsville is uniquely positioned as a hub for defense and aerospace and geographically situated within the Tennessee Valley corridor.
The Summit will draw approximately 400 professionals.
Key themes include:
- Smart Grid for Smart Cities
- Building Information Models (BIM) and Geodesign
- Energy Audits and Compliance
- Energy Management for Military Installations
- Critical Infrastructure Protection
- Policy Implications of Energy Management
- Interoperability of Utility Systems, Business Intelligence and Location Technology
- Energy Generation
- Tennessee Valley Corridor Initiatives
- Small Sats, Earth Observation and the Commercialization of Space
- Location Intelligence for Homeland Security
- Defense and Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT)
- Small Business Development Initiatives in Energy Management
Director, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency
Special Guest Speakers
Why You Should Attend
A significant focus of the conference is presenting opportunities to network with other technology providers, both larger defense contractors as well as small and medium sized business.
Invest in Huntsville
One of the major objectives of Mayor Battle’s initiatives is to continue to grow the base of expertise and opportunity in the region.
Education and Networking
Above all, this summit represents an opportunity to learn about new technology solutions, network with area business leaders and seek partnerships to expand Huntsville’s economic reach.